CAMLO.ca respects the privacy of our employees, our suppliers and our clients and ensures that the personal information we collect about or on behalf of the aforementioned remains secure and protected. In order to operate effectively there are times where personal information must be shared with an interested third party. In such circumstances, CAMLO.ca will not release any personal information without first advising of its intended use and obtaining the permission to do so from the affected individual.
Our policy is designed to meet or exceed the requirements of Canadian Federal and Provincial privacy laws. We are committed to constant self-evaluation of our practices and procedures and to maintaining the highest standard in this regard.
To confirm our commitment to privacy, CAMLO.ca has appointed a qualified member of our senior management team as the Privacy Officer. The Privacy Officer is available to offer more information on our practices and policy, to ensure compliance by everyone at CAMLO.ca and to rectify any complaints. The Privacy officer can be contacted by mail at CAMLO.ca Management Group Attn: Privacy Officer at 161 Bay St. 27th Floor, Toronto Ont., M5J 2S1
Information Protection, Identification and Consent
CAMLO.ca maintains that it will identify the purpose(s) for collecting personal information and inform the affected individual of this purpose. When the intended use for the collected information involves releasing it to an interested third party, CAMLO.ca will ensure the individual grants consent before any information is released. Consent for these purposes can be either explicit or implicit depending on the sensitivity of the information. CAMLO.ca will only collect information for which there is an intended purpose. The collected information will only be used for the purposes stated. Should the information be necessary for purposes other than those stated separate consent would be obtained. This is true for all situations but those where CAMLO.ca has obtained general consent or where required by law. All third party suppliers, vendors and clients to whom personal information may be released have been carefully screened to ensure their Privacy Policies meet or exceed the legislated requirements.
- Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, a placement representative or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifying information.
- We have certain secure databases where we store data. We also may store your personal information in paper document files in our offices.
- The processes of our business include sharing your personal information with others to carry out our staffing services, that is, to try to find job matches for applicants and fulfill staffing service requests of client companies.
- Our staff will ensure that all personal information, including but not limited to the following:
- ARAs, application forms, time cards, resumes, interview notes, correspondence, payroll records, personnel files, garnishee orders, credit reports, payroll stubs, T4’s, Employment Equity information etc. collected from our own employees and from our applicants, candidates, contractors, will be secured in locked filing cabinets.
Access to this information will be based on a “need to know” basis as prescribed by the requirements of their job function only.
Retention and Safeguards
CAMLO.ca has set mandatory retention timeframe limits based on Provincial Employment and Labour Standards and will retain personal information only as long as is outlined in the applicable legislation. Third party suppliers have been instructed to follow the same guidelines. In addition, appropriate safeguards relevant to the sensitivity of the information, while retained, will secure the information.
CAMLO.ca will make every effort to ensure personal information remains current and is updated internally and with third party suppliers in a timely manner. Individuals are expected to update CAMLO.ca with any changes to their personal information. The information will only be updated when required for the intended, previously informed purposes.
CAMLO.ca will release the personal information retained by the organization to the individual that the information is about upon request, along with the use and disclosure of any personal information.
Specific requests for information can be directed to CAMLO.ca Attn: Privacy Officer at 161 Bay St. 27th Floor, Toronto Ont., M5J 2S1. The information will be released within 30 days of receipt of the request. Should CAMLO.ca not be able to comply with the request for a justifiable reason that reason will be given to the requestor.
CAMLO.ca considers the following reasons justifiable reasons to refuse access to personal information.
- Solicitor-client privilege
- Litigation privilege
- Security and ongoing fraud investigations
- Proprietary or trade secret information
- Sensitive medical information that could be obtained through other means
- Requests that would prove prohibitively costly to provide
- Requests that could reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another individual
This list is not exhaustive and other reasons may be considered justifiable.
Individuals of whom CAMLO.ca holds personal information have the right to file a challenge about the company’s compliance with Privacy legislation. CAMLO.ca will consider all requests serious and will investigate any complaints thoroughly. To make a challenge please send all relevant details and specifics to CAMLO.ca Attn: Privacy Officer at 161 Bay St. 27th Floor, Toronto Ont., M5J 2S1.